Traditional boiled lobsters with a twist! Based on a Russian recipe for boiling craw fish with some dill, garlic, lemon and pepper corns. Heinekens are optional, but are highly recommended 🙂
Serves three and takes about an hour and twenty minutes to make.
- 1 – Ten pepper corns
- 2 – Six garlic cloves
- 3 – Salt
- 4 – One bunch of dill
- 5 – Three lemons
- 6 – Three 2lbs lobsters
- 1 – Fill up a large pot up to 3/4 with water. Make sure that it will be able to fit all of your lobsters at the same time and bring the water to a boil.
- 2 – Add about two table spoons of salt into the boiling water, along with the pepper corns.
- 3 – Cut two lemons in half, squeeze the juice into the boiling water and then drop the squeezed lemons into the water as well.
- 4 – Leave a couple of sprigs if dill on the side for decorating and the rest will go into the pot. Before you drop the dill into the boiling water, tie it up with either a thread or a thin string. You do not have to do it, if you do not mind picking it off your lobsters later. I prefer to have mine together.
- 5 – Crush your garlic with a knife and drop it into the pot too.
- 6 – Now add your lobsters and wait for the water to come back to a boil. Once your water is boiling again, leave your lobsters to boil for about 15-20 minutes.
- 7 – After they turn bright red and have been boiling for 15-20 minutes it is time to take them out.
- 8 – Arrange on a platter, and cut up the remaining lemon into wedges and spread them around the lobsters. Put your remaining sprigs of dill on top. Enjoy!