So since anything and everything goes on this blog, I wanted to share my roasted red peppers and tomato salad. I am very proud of this one as in my mind I believe that I created it. It is delicious, light and healthy! Hope you enjoy it!
Prep Time – 30 min
Serves – 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fresh red pepper
- 3 leaves of basil
- 4-5 red cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Fire up your grill and throw your washed peppers on it. As your peppers will sit on the hot flame do not forget to turn them around so that each side along with the top and bottom get a nice char. Takes about 15 min for the peppers to cook fully, but you will notice that they are done when they become completely
- Take your peppers off the grill and throw them either in a paper bag or in a bowl and cover with plastic This will allow the peppers not only to cool, but also for the charred skin to separate from the flesh.
- As your peppers are cooling, wash your tomatoes and basil. Cut your tomatoes in half and throw into your salad bowl. As for basil, I like to tear mine into pieces, however if you prefer to chop, rough chop or julienne – that will work too.
- By this time your peppers should be ready for cleaning. Firstly, peel off the skin either with your fingers or a knife. It will get messy :). Once you are done with cleaning your peppers from the charred skin, cut them open length wise and pull out the seeds and the stem. This will also be messy, but you “gotta do what you gotta do”.
- Slice your roasted peppers length wise and throw into the salad bowl. More likely than not you will prob get some of the char and seeds in there, which is fine – just not too much.
- Lastly add your salt, pepper olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix everything together and let it sit for about 5 minutes. The juices from the peppers and tomatoes, along with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil will marinate for a few and create the most delicious taste! Enjoy!